We’re looking to increase our team!
WHAT WE DO
As a Student Representative your main responsibility will be to represent the interests and care for the needs of students studying at the English Department. This may include but is not limited to:
- Welcome and advise new students
- Provide assistance for post-applicants (with regards to their study program)
- Handle administrative day-to-day tasks at the STV Office
- Hold regular office hours
- Attend regular meetings, get-togethers, networking events, training seminars, hearings, etc.
- Help organize events (e.g. breakfasts, parties, conferences, networking events, etc.)
- Anything else you would like to contribute (maybe start your own project? 😉 )
- Be a student at the English Department (ideally in the BEd program)
- Have a sound knowledge of the English language
- Have a creative and innovative personality / motivation to create something new
- Possess good communication and teamwork skills
IT WOULD BE AWESOME (BUT NOT NECESSARY) IF YOU…
- Know your way around WordPress, Google Apps, Facebook & other social media platforms
- Know a bit about all our study programs offered at our department
- Are internationally-minded
- Are good at critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Have strong organizational skills
- Know how to deal with stressful situations
- Are adaptive, flexible, and take initiative
No prior volunteer/work experience in similar field needed – we will teach you everything you need and learn from each other!
If you are interested, please send us a short and sexy email to email@example.com and/or drop by in person during our office hours – free tea/coffee!!! There is absolutely no need to send us a detailed CV with references. What we are mainly interested in is your motivation to join us and what you can bring to the table!