The current situation brings other drastic consequences for students, apart from struggles with „Distance Learning” – when in fact we need one thing more than anything else: security and certainty.
We need certainty, that we’re not going to lose any additional “tolerance semesters”.
We need to continue receiving our financial aids and grants.
We need our tuition fees to be refunded or forgiven.
This is not “just” about losing academic progress. We’re talking about students’ livelihoods!
Therefore, the Öh Uni Wien is sending out a petition to sign: There must not be any negative consequences for students!
THEY ARE DEMANDING THE FOLLOWING:
• an additional two “tolerance semesters” (at least)
• an adaption of the laws concerning students’ grants to make sure no one loses their grants
• an adaption of the laws concerning the duration of eligibility for financial aids, adding at least two semesters
• refunding the tuition fees for this semester, as well as forgiving them for the next semester (also for students from third countries)
• regulations for exams during the summer months, to ensure three dates per semester
• regulations for discontinued degrees in support of affected students
• no negative consequences, but privileges, for students who are now working as military or civilian servicepeople
• no negatives consequences for students from third states, especially regarding their residence permits
These measures are only the first step, but there is more to come. Corona surprised all of us. That’s why we need quick and effective solutions for the education sector. We’re ready to work with universities and politics!
You can support our mission. Sign our demands and share them using the hashtag #flattenthefees.
Sign the petition here.
Together we will fight for our rights!